Tips to Distribute Your E-Cigs and Vapor Products
E-Cigs are fast replacing cigarettes as a healthier alternative to smoking. A market that is already dominated by powerful players, making a name for yourself in the E-Cig and vaping business is a lot harder without effective distribution techniques. Companies like Altria, the company selling the popular Marlboro brand, Lorillard and Phillip Morris International among others, it becomes that much more difficult to compete. People would naturally tend to prefer products from companies they are already familiar with. Distributing one brand of E-Cigs in a market that is full of other brands requires effective distribution techniques, a quality product and in depth market research.
Vaporizers and other vapor products can hold more liquids than in E-Cigarettes provides an interesting angle to distribution. Given the already existing interest in flavored liquids that can be smoked in this portable form – you have the opportunity of presenting your own unique flavor that separates you r brand from others. E-Ciggarettes that require users to keep buying replacements when their cartridges finish provide distributors with a steady source of income. Distributors are aware that every time they sell an E-Ciggarette, there are high chances that the consumer will come back to get it refilled. At the same time, distribution of such substances to, or aimed at people under the age of 18 is a crime under the law. The World Health Organization of the United Nations has also recommended that the E-Ciggarette advertising should be more restricted and controlled. They also suggested that people be warned against smoking them indoors, and that flavors that appeal to the youth and might draw them in also be controlled.
Distributing E-Cigs and Vapor Products
The ‘new Vaping fad’ are words that have been doing rounds for quite some time. Ciggarette flavors are no longer restricted to familiar and new blends of nicotine, but now invite vibrant and playful flavors of all kinds. Whether you are distributing your own products, looking for someone to distribute them, or you are the person who is going to go distribute – the right strategies can help you reach a larger consumer base. Here are five tips on effective distributing techniques to provide a better idea of what you can do to better market your products.
- A Distribution Model: Are you just starting out, or are you an established commercial venture working to expand your consumer base? Whichever you are, chances are you are going to need a model to base your marketing techniques around. Do you want to sell your products online? Do you want to sell it in shops, or both? An effective distribution model tries to make use of all the facilities available – online portals, shopping malls, marketing venues and displays – anywhere where people can become interested in your product. Depending on the location of your company, you may also want to consider the potential of being able to sell your product there. Do prior records show that there are smokers in the location? If there are, have they in the past been willing to invest in E-Cigs and other vapor products? Extensive market research is the only way to locate all the information needed to make a distribution model. The model you make is only the first phase, and you should expect it to keep developing as you continue to grow your business.
- Target Consumers: The most essential component to deciding on your market strategy, it is important to be careful when advertising your products. Teenagers and Young Adults still in school are prone to investing in E-Cigs and vapor products. Mostly this happens since these products are seen as safer alternatives to normal cigarettes. By selecting the target audience, you can better gear your distribution channels to appeal to them and induce them to buy your products. Not distributing your products near schools, and not selling to anyone under the age of 18 are some of the recommended ways to avoid selling to underage children.
- Shipping and Distribution: If you are an online retailer, chances are that you need to make arrangements to get the products shipped to buyers. It is important at this point to not charge too much for shipping, as that might lose you customers. Online shopping has a lot to do with impulse buying. The minute the consumer feels that something is unreasonable, the chances of them buying a product from that website is very slim. If your shipping charges are too low, then you stand to lose out on your profits.
- Pricing: There is a fine balance between charging the right price for your product, and charging too much or too less. If you ask people to spend less money on buying your products – then not only do you make less profit, but consumers can wonder if there is something wrong with the product. Charging it too high will make the customer leave – something you do not want in a market where alternatives are everywhere to be found. By figuring out your target audience and what percentage of people buy your products, you could price it more effectively. By pricing it in such a way that it appears reasonable to the main target audience, you could gain a consumer base for your products.
- Should You Use a Distributor? A distributor is useful when you have multiple numbers of clients and you find it difficult to service them yourself. Distributors help you reach those people and better consolidate the day to day market interactions with consumers. By reducing the expenditure related to logistics and support, distributors can be an effective way to market your E-Cigs and vapor products.
E-Cigs and vapor products are easily available in many shops and markets. In order to stand out, there must be something unique about your brand that helps attract attention in the distribution channels. By creating a quality product that utilizes prior market research, and is reasonably priced – you are sure to develop a consumer base for your brand.